Our client – a successful business entrepreneur, co-founder, and former CEO – is looking for a dynamic and forward-thinking business assistant. This is more than a traditional assistant role, as you will have the opportunity to get involved, take on more, and reap the rewards in the future. You’ll be working with an agile manager while being comfortable in a standalone role - yet in frequent contact with investors and leadership members who combine a mix of talents and inspire each other every day in a high-output environment. This is a newly created, full-time position. A hybrid/remote work model is in place.
Position Summary: As the primary liaison with stakeholders across multiple investments, you’ll manage professional and personal schedules and tasks, oversee operations, and be fully engaged from beginning to end. You will be required to grasp the complexity of all business activities while smoothly coordinating and communicating with investee companies, board members, and other stakeholders. By providing stellar support, you’ll quickly become a trusted business partner. A genuine interest in modern technology is sought after, in addition to an upbeat approach to work. Main duties will include, but are not limited to:
What are we looking for?
- Managing all aspects of the principal’s calendar, including anticipating scheduling conflicts, and working quickly to resolve issues.
- Organizing meetings, locations, participants, and associated travel across different time zones (mainly the USA, UK, Germany, and Switzerland), while striving to anticipate needs and eliminate potential conflicts.
- Providing wide-ranging business support, managing correspondence, and taking appropriate actions while prioritizing workflow for his mainly direct investment activities, driving efficiency, allocating, and saving time for the principal.
- Delivering key meetings on time; following up on milestones; overseeing investor/leadership events; working with investee companies; and supporting co-investor and angel presentations.
- Serving as the quality gate for and maintaining investment documentation, board resolutions, and reports.
- Managing contracts, preparing commercial register entries, change of shareholders, powers of attorney, etc.
- Liaising with/managing outsourced business partners, e.g., lawyers, accountants, tax advisors, and notary offices.
- Working on preparatory accounting tasks and matters relating to invoices, credit card reconciliation, and insurances.
- Allocating and distributing expenses to the principal’s various investment engagements.
- Providing business support in the context of the principal’s engagement as an executive of a tech-company co-headquartered in Germany and the USA.
- Project management as assigned, e.g., the implementation of structures to get things running; happy to occasionally support the private side, too.
Unfazed by challenges, you will face tough moments head-on – always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond «good enough» and welcoming different points of view. What else is requested?
- Commercial apprenticeship or degree in Business Administration/Economics; or relevant further training, e.g., business management, investor relations, digital office management, paralegal
- 5-10 years of C-level support experience; ideally in Consulting, Financial/Legal Services, Family Office, or tech-related environment; international experience having lived in other countries is advantageous.
- Top-notch organizational and time-management skills; ability to manage conflicting deadlines; ensure that tasks are completed on time.
- Quality Communications: Ability to efficiently summarize complex information and communicate across multiple channels (text messages, in-person and virtual meetings, or emails) without losing details; well versed in switching from one project to another.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving competence, and a structured and thorough approach to work.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and German; proficiency in any other language is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office, collaboration platforms (Zoom, Teams), and other business productivity software.
- Comfortable regularly working with confidential financial information with the utmost discretion and sensitivity.
- Confident demeanor combined with a high level of reliability, dedication, and commitment.
- A self-starter that can work with minimal guidance and sensitivity to act in a multicultural setting.
- Professional spirit and great energy.
In addition to the above, the principal is interested in your personal qualities and achievements beyond work that demonstrate the kind of person you are and what you would bring to the role.
What is in it for you? Apart from a motivating atmosphere and a flexible approach to work, you’ll receive a competitive salary and a performance-related bonus. If this opportunity sparks your interest, please send your application package to email@example.com ref. «OM-Entrepreneur»
Barnickel & Fellows | Talstrasse 58 | 8001 Zurich | +41 44 269 50 25