Varian, a Siemens Healthineer Company, is the world’s largest manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy and brachytherapy. Our vision is a world without fear of cancer. To meet this challenge, we equip the world with new tools for fighting cancer
The Instructor Technical Training conducts technical training courses for customers and/or employees for Varian Treatment Delivery Systems.
You will work with other education instructors and curriculum developers to ensure that course material reflects current product features. You deliver the trainings in classroom lectures, virtual instructor lead training sessions and laboratory sessions.
- Conducts class room as well as virtual trainings for internal engineers and customers, to increase and improve knowledge on product and technical characteristics of VMS Treatment delivery system products
- You will work with other education instructors and curriculum developers to ensure that course material reflects current product features
- Plan own activities in cooperation with the other instructors concerned to be prepared for future courses and training
- Identify training needs through consultation with field service and customers, to develop technical and product training programs in collaboration with the curriculum developers
- Maintain a high degree of professional knowledge and safety consciousness according to VMS guidelines
- Collect technical information on VMS products’ operating characteristics, design factors, technical and systems performance and developments, to permanently maintain up-to-date training materials
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate of Technical Institute or University in electronics, electrical / biomedical, IT engineering or related fields
- Minimum of 5 years field service or installation experience on Varian Treatment Delivery Systems
- Good knowledge of and professional experience with PC based systems and IT networking skills.
- Basic clinical knowledge is desirable
- Fluency in English, written and spoken, German language skills desirable
- Excellent interpersonal communication and self-management skills
- Understanding of adult education and learning methodologies
- Willing to work normal and non-normal hours as required, to support customers