TITLE: Consultant to design finance system for NGO
BASED IN: Switzerland
TIMELINE: 30 Days; between February 2021 – August 2021.
START DATE: 15 February 2020
The Peaceful Change initiative (PCi) is undertaking a project to build the issue-specific capacity of a Swiss-registered NGO working on Syrian peace issues. A key area of project focus is to develop and implement a finance system for the NGO so that, by the end of the project period, the NGO will be able to receive and manage donor funds directly. This will encompass the following tasks:
- Select and implement a finance system software package
- Design a finance process model
- Develop finance policies, processes, and procedures and templates
- Collate all processes etc into a Finance Process Handbook
The Consultant will work as part of a small team delivering advice to the NGO. Crucially, the role is not to do any accounting on behalf of the partner NGO, but to develop processes and procedures and provide training (as necessary) so that relevant staff have experience of independently managing all finance operations by the end of the project.
1. Set-up of financial accounting software package:
a) TORs for the procurement of financial accounting software package, based on existing Chart of Accounts and likely statutory and donor reporting needs.
b) Review of at least three software package options and selection, together with NGO and PCi, of optimal choice.
c) Set-up of accounting software.
2. In compliance with Swiss Federal and Geneva Canton law and regulations on financial management for registered NGOs, develop standard operating procedures and templates for the following:
a) Central archive for all financial movements and authorisations
b) Accounts Payable
c) Accounts Receivable
d) Payment Authorisations
e) Finance and cash controls
f) Expenses reimbursements
g) Payroll accounting
h) Grants and project accounting and reporting
i) Month-end process
j) Year-end process
k) Any other financial processes required for minimum license to operation in Switzerland
3. Provide ongoing training and mentoring to relevant NGO staff so that they can follow and implement new financial processes and procedures.
4. Collate all procedures and templates into a Finance Process Model and Finance Process Handbook.
This assignment is scheduled to start by 15 February 2020.
For a full job description and more information about PCi, please visit www.peacefulchange.org
Please send your CV and short cover letter (1 page maximum) explaining your interest in this role and setting out your daily fee in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 22 January 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.