Varian is the world’s largest manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy and brachytherapy. Our vision is a world without fear of cancer. To meet this challenge, we equip the world with new tools for fighting cancer.
Varian Medical Systems International AG Steinhausen (ZG) is Varian's Headquarters for Oncology Systems operations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa (EMEA), the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) and India.
We're driving toward the ultimate victory: a world without the fear of cancer.
Are you interested to work in a multi-cultural environment? Then this position is exactly what you are looking for. In this challenging positon you make an important contribution to the internal Health & Safety Management Systems in EMEIA.
- Develops, implements and monitors environmental, health and safety programs and policies
- responsible for the care as well as the strategic and conceptual development of the Health & Safety Management Systems
- Creates and reviews regulations and reports in English
- Interacts with a variety of departments, conducts training in emergency response and hazardous material handling
- Recommends corrective action where environmental health and safety hazards exist
- Leads new initiatives, like working from home (WFH), Ergonomics
- Be a subject matter expert for EHS topics
- Completed basic Education, further education in Occupational safety such as Specialist Work Safety or similar is preferred
- Good networking and presentation skill
- Experienced in ISO 45001 and ISO 14001
- Experienced on risk assessments
- Good administrational skills (Word, Excel, Unity)
- Willing to travel (20%)
You are a mature, tactful personality. Clear verbal and written manners of expression are your outstanding attributes. You work independently and like to discuss proposed solutions within a team. As an intercultural competent person, you also appreciate an international working environment and contact with partners in Europe and overseas.
You are just one click away from the most impactful work you will ever do and becoming part of the global team united by purpose to fight cancer.We look forward to receiving your application and CV in English. Job Code R-4982. APPLY HERE