Software Engineer Backend
permanent, 80 - 100%
Start: Upon agreement
In our Digital Sense Business Unit, we are developing an embedded platform for controlling Bühler machines all around the globe, a key element of our automation strategy. That platform consists of electronics and software which will eventually be integrated into machines. One example machine can be seen under
In this position you will be part of an international team of electronics, Linux, embedded, backend and frontend specialists. In this interdisciplinary environment, you will get in contact with various colleagues from different countries and with various technologies.
- Responsible for Backend of a Linux-based and resource-constrained embedded system
- Requirements/design, implementation, test, documentation for users of platform
- Maintain automated build/test pipelines (Azure DevOps)
- Bachelor of Science in some Software field (or equivalent level)
- Minimum 7 years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience with Node.js, Typescript, Git, relational Database and SQL
- Knowledge in web technologies incl. REST, Web Socket, XML
- Experience in linux incl. command line
- English: fluent, spoken and written
- Windows and MS Office applications (we develop on Windows for Linux)
- Systematic work approach and high quality spirit
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Knowledge in Angular, C# and .NET, NUnit, Nuke, ZeroMQ, MQTT
- Interested in electronics and embedded systems
- Career and personal development, Cross-cultural working environment, Employer-funded pension plan, Canteen, Parking area, Training, Profit-sharing
- Cover letter, Resume, Transcripts, Letters of recommendation, Certifications
Who we are
Bühler as an employer
We are working to create sustainable innovations for a better world. Our aim is to transform the world's most pressing food and mobility challenges into sustainable technologies, process solutions and business models. At Bühler, you are empowered to show initiative and take responsibility. In our family-owned company, personal success goes hand in hand with shared success. We foster a diverse and inclusive workplace where integrity and courage are key drivers of our success. We support your personal development because we want you to make a difference. By joining Bühler, you will be helping us tackle global challenges while at the same time meeting the needs of our customers.
Bühler is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company, therefore, it's important that you match us and we match you. Regardless of your gender (m/f/d).
Questions? We're happy to help!
Junior Recruiting Specialist