Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission—to protect and enhance life. As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats. We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical, and professional career opportunities worldwide.
At Emergent BioSolutions Berna, the Swiss affiliate there are - beside manufacturing activities – professionals in Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Supply Chain and Regulatory affairs working. On the Swiss site of Emergent in Thörishaus / Bern there is approx. 140 dedicated and committed professionals working locally and globally.
To complement and strengthen our Supply Chain departement we are looking for a
The Logistics Specialist Europe is responsible for compliance to all international (with focus on Switzerland & Europe) logistics regulations and processes, ensuring adherence to shipping/receiving, customs-, carrier scheduling, import and export of materials and products, requirements in consultation and coordination with internal and external stakeholders. In addition, the Logistics Specialist Europe will work with other global Materials Management and other stakeholder, ensure shipping requests are executed in a timely manner and are compliant with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate all logistics functions, to ensure that all timelines are met
- Coordinate with freight suppliers to schedule, book and track all shipments as requested, including ensuring shipping reports are received from various freight suppliers
- Prepare and work with freight service providers to ensure accuracy and compliance of all shipping documents required for successful delivery of shipments
- Coordinate and booking of air shipments to international destinations
- Respond to daily inquiries from internal and external stakeholders/customers
- Manages and point of contact for external Logistics Service provider, exchange of data and receive sales and stock reports
- Manages Order Confirmation, Sales Order Processing and Sales Invoice for I/C and direct Customers.
- Attend in the S&OP process and collect Sales Forecast, align distribution planning with internal and external stakeholders
- Contact and communication with customs brokers, updating database with country of origin/tariff numbers as required.
- Complete and maintain Customs Compliance Manuals in alignment with Global Logistics function
- Comply with corporate policies and procedures,
- Developing logistics plans and procedures, ensures process improvement efforts
- Minimum High School Diploma and Bachelor’s degree in a related area of study is required
- Six years of industry related experience required. Experience working in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similarly regulated industry would be an asset
- Experience in international/cross border movement of goods required
- Must have strong interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to work under limited supervision as a member of a work group
- Must be highly organized and able to handle multiple priorities in a timely manner
- Must have excellent communication in German and English and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills required – MS Office, Reporting Tools, Database Management and SAP (MM/SD/IM)
Please use for your application the following link: https://careers.emergentbiosolutions.com/job-invite/33852/
We prefer directly submitted applications.