Natural Catastrophe Risk Modelling Specialist - ILS Partners
Natural Catastrophe Risk Modelling Specialist ILS Partners
LGT Capital Partners is a leading alternative investment specialist with USD 60 billion in assets under management and
more than 500 institutional clients in 37 countries. An international team of over 450 professionals is responsible for
managing a wide range of investment programs focusing on private markets, liquid alternatives and multi-asset class
solutions. Headquartered in Pfaeffikon (SZ), Switzerland, the firm has offices in New York, Dublin, London, Paris,
Vaduz, Dubai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Sydney.
LGT ILS Partners (LGT ILS) based in Zurich and Pfaeffikon (SZ) is the insurance-linked investments boutique of LGT
Capital Partners and a leading ILS Manager with over USD 5bn assets under management and a client base consisting
primarily of institutional investors.
LGT ILS Partners (LGT ILS) is the insurance-linked investments boutique of LGT Capital Partners and a leading ILS
Manager with around USD 5bn assets under management and a client base consisting primarily of institutional investors.
The Natural Catastrophe Risk Modelling Specialist is part of the analytics team at LGT ILS and reports to the partners
at LGT ILS. In this role, the candidate supports the business in the following key tasks:
- Analysis / modelling of individual investment opportunities (reinsurance submissions) and compilation of summary
reports for the investment committee using third-party (vendor) catastrophe risk models (i.e., AIR and RMS);
- Query SQL databases and write scripts to extract data from the databases of the vendor tools (AIR, RMS) in order to
transfer data between cat modelling tools and portfolio management systems;
- Correspond with counterparties during the analysis phase (brokers, insurers / reinsurers, etc.);
- Support the analysis of LGT ILS portfolios for monthly reporting and aggregation / accumulation tracking;
- Support the research in potential new peril regions as well as hazard assessments and model validation / adoption
for such markets;
- Review, assess and document updates of the third party (vendor) catastrophe risk models;
- Collaborate with ILS Team and support various operational tasks, e.g., updating accumulation control reports,
entering trades into LGT ILS proprietary portfolio management tool, etc.
- Bachelor or Master degree (FH or University / ETH) in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or Natural Science;
- At least 3 years relevant work experience in a similar role at a reinsurer or insurer;
- In-depth experience in using at least one vendor catastrophe risk model and software (AIR, RMS, EQE) on a regular
- Basic experience in SQL (MS SQL Server) and knowledge about RMS EDM, RDM and AIR database schemas;
- Experience in one popular programming language and know-how in statistics (e.g., distributions, curve fitting,
simulation) are considered a plus;
- Strong communication skills in English (verbal and written);
- Integrity, motivation, analytical thinking team player with distinct organizational skills and attention to detail.
If you are interested in becoming an integral part of a successful alternative investment management team in an
international, multicultural working environment, we will be pleased to get to know you soon.
Please upload your complete application documents online.
LGT ILS Partners AG
Bitte bewerben Sie sich über unser Online-Formular.
Senior HR Manager
LGT Capital Partners Ltd.
+41 55 415 96 17