About Idorsia Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Idorsia Ltd is reaching out for more - We have more ideas, we see more opportunities and we want to help more patients.
In order to achieve this, we will develop Idorsia into one of Europe's leading biopharmaceutical company, with a strong scientific core.
Headquartered in Switzerland - a European biotech hub - Idorsia is specialized in the discovery and development of small molecules, to transform the horizon of therapeutic options. Idorsia has a broad portfolio of innovative drugs in the pipeline, an experienced team, a fully-functional research center, and a strong balance sheet - the ideal constellation to bringing R&D efforts to business success.
Idorsia was listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ticker symbol: IDIA) in June 2017 and has over 600 highly qualified specialists dedicated to realizing our ambitious targets.
For our Scientific Computing Drug Discovery Group, we are seeking an experienced Team Leader with strong managerial background, scientific and technical background with a basic understanding of all aspects of the drug discovery process. The ideal candidate has approximately 10 years of experience in Scientific Computing Drug Discovery within the pharmaceutical industry and managerial experience to lead a team of up to 15 experts in scientific computing. The ideal candidate has a strong service attitude, ability to deal with various stakeholders, excellent communication skills and enjoys teamwork and collaboration with the whole research organization as well as with the IT department. The applications development team is part of the Scientific Computing Drug Discovery Group of Idorsia and the team leader will report to the Head of Scientific Computing Drug Discovery.
You will lead the scientific software development teams and provide software solutions (bioinformatics, chem-informatics), integrate external/commercial solutions, establish a common software architecture and coding principles within the teams, as well as optimally support all three Research Departments (Drug Discovery Pharmacology & Preclinical Development, Drug Discovery Chemistry and Drug Discovery Biology) by providing state of the art software solutions. In detail, you will:.
- Advance the existing research software platform and libraries
- Take technical ownership of applications like laboratory journals, LIMS system, raw data infrastructure, compound management systems, and data analysis systems
- Oversee comprehensive requirements analysis and software vendor selection processes
- Lead commercial software customization, migration, and integration efforts
- Drive data management & FAIRification: User awareness and coaching, data standardizing and meta-data extraction and technical solutions for storing and finding research data
- Foster an efficient collaboration with the IT department, especially the infrastructure team
- Ensure an aligned culture of excellence in software design and coding standards
- Encourage the use of modern software development methodologies
- Master, PhD or equivalent experience in computer science, chemistry, biology, or physics, with a focus on supporting drug discovery scientists and processes
- Approximately 10 years of experience in Scientific Computing Drug Discovery in a pharma research environment
- Lean thinking capability to drive process simplicity throughout the organization by leveraging technology solutions
- Managerial and leadership skills as well as excellent communication and negotiation skills are a requirement to be successful in this key service-oriented position within Idorsia's research organization
- Ability to drive and negotiate with leading vendors and solution providers to accommodate Idorsia needs and terms
- Experienced in leading a cross-functional and multicultural team in a global environment
- Cheminformatics and/or bioinformatics skills and an understanding of the drug discovery process
- Strong experience in scientific software engineering and architecture
- Experience in building up microservices and distributed systems
- Expertise in Java and common frameworks like JPA, JDBC, Swing, JavaFX, SpringBoot, and web frameworks like AngularJS and React
- Strong in data structures, algorithms, and machine learning
- Proven knowledge in cloud computing (AWS) cloud up-scaling strategies
- Knowledge in laboratory journals is a plus
- Fluent in English; ability to communicate in German and French is an advantage
What Idorsia offers
- Exciting opportunities for development and professional growth within our dynamic organization
- A collaborative and solution-oriented environment where you can make a difference
- An innovative and open culture in a truly multicultural environment
- A competitive salary and generous social benefits
Work Location: Allschwil - Basel Area
Business Area: Drug Discovery Chemistry
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 2655
If you are interested, please click on apply now.
Please be informed that if you are selected for this position, your employment will be subject to a pre-employment background screening process, of which you would be informed in greater detail in due course.
Please note Idorsia operates a strictly-controlled list of preferred recruitment partners. For those partners who have no valid, signed Master Service Agreement in place with Idorsia all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or any other candidate details submitted through our website or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals (including any of its subsidiaries, affiliates or related companies) are considered the property of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals and are not subject to payment of any form of introduction, placement or referral fees.