About Idorsia Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Idorsia Ltd is reaching out for more - We have more ideas, we see more opportunities and we want to help more patients.
In order to achieve this, we will develop Idorsia into one of Europes leading biopharmaceutical companies, with a strong scientific core.
Headquartered in Switzerland - a European biotech hub - Idorsia is specialized in the discovery and development of small molecules, to transform the horizon of therapeutic options. Idorsia has a broad portfolio of innovative drugs in the pipeline, an experienced team, a fully-functional research center, and a strong balance sheet the ideal constellation to bringing R&D efforts to business success.
Idorsia was listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ticker symbol: IDIA) in June 2017 and has over 800 highly qualified specialists dedicated to realizing our ambitious targets.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure a safe work environment with controlled risk to health. Therefore the Health, Safety and Environment Officer has to co-ordinate, support and advise the business on all aspects with regards to health, safety and environment and establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with health, safety and environment within Idorsia are adhered to.
The Health, Safety and Environment Officer will be responsible for thefollowing areas: Audit / Inspection, Emergency Management, First Aid, Hazard Assessment & Risk Analysis, Hazardous Incident, (Exposure) Measurements, Personal Protective Equipment, Waste disposal, Environmental protection, Occupational hygiene.
- Ensure the company meets its legal obligations pertaining to health, safety and environment at work in areas of responsibility
- Keep contact to the relevant authorities and deliver notifications and reporting as required
- Elaborate health, safety and environment concepts in collaboration with the relevant internal and external experts
- Develop written policies and guidelines and implement practices for protection from hazards and emergency situations and ensure that they are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated
- Define communication and cascading strategy of safety provisions
- Establish health, safety and environment training programs, schedule and provide / coordinate training for employees
- Perform regular hazard assessments and risk analysis in areas of responsibility
- Evaluate and identify standards and controls for health, safety and environment hazards within the company
- Perform health, safety and environment inspection audits and review investigation reports
- Provide health, safety and environment support and guidance to the company, line managers and employees; advise and support in implementing regulations specified in the relevant laws and ordinances
- Liaise with relevant internal specialists and external health, safety and environment consultants in the provision of training programs and health, safety and environment services
- Participate in the emergency organization
- Ensure that incidents and accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented
- Provide regular reports to the Head of Health, Safety, Security and Environment and Management team on relevant health, safety and environment activities
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health & safety at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business
- Support, adhere and foster internal control mechanisms as following:
- Understand, acknowledge and adhere to company policies and operating procedures that are formalized and communicated
- Complete mandatory trainings in due time
- Staff and operating personnel are responsible for carrying out the internal control activities set forth by management
- Assume ownership of assigned internal controls and ensure quality of documentation evidencing controls are performed
- Ensure to follow defined process and approval flows
- Actively propose process/ system improvements and share best practice within the company
- Foster development of compliance awareness and promote cross-functional communications
- Ensure the compliance with and implementation of Idorsia accounting guidelines and control standards
- Support the implementation of remediation actions for identified internal and external audit findings on a timely basis
- Support in audit preparations and assist during audits
- Ensure the compliance with and implementation of Idorsia and applicable regulatory guidelines and control standards
- 2-4 years experience in a similar role
- Experience in formulating, implementing, managing and revising H&S policies and procedures
- Experience in providing training
- Bachelor in Natural-, Life- Sciences e.g. Chemical Engineering (Masters degree preferred) or equivalent
- Specialist in Occupational Health and Safety (Spezialistin / Spezialist für Arbeitssicherheit und Gesundheitsschutz (Spezialist/in ASGS)) or equivalent
- Further education in Health, Safety and Environment according to EKAS Guideline 6508 (e.g. Sicherheitsfachmann/-frau nach Eignungsverordnung or equivalent)
- Education as Safety Engineer (EKAS) or equivalent
- Further Education in special fields (e.g. Webbased management tool for occupational health and safety [asa-control, safely etc.], First Aid, Environmental protection, Occupational hygiene)
- EKAS qualified
- Additional certifications in accordance with areas of responsibility
- Eco swiss (Occupational health & safety, Environmental protection)
- SGAS (Swiss Society for Occupational Safety in Switzerland)
- Good planning, organizational and time management skills
- Good verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to persuade and influence people across different functions
- Fluent in English and German (written and spoken)
What Idorsia offers
- Exciting opportunities for development and professional growth within our dynamic organization
- A collaborative and solution oriented enviroment where you can make a difference
- An innovative and open culture in a truly multicultural environment
- A competitive salary and generous social benefits
Work Location: Allschwil
Business Unit:Site Management
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 2266
If you are interested, please click on apply now.
Please be informed that if you are selected for this position, your employment will be subject to a pre-employment background screening process, of which you will be informed in greater detail in due course.
Idorsia operates a strictly controlled list of preferred recruitment partners. For those partners who have no valid, signed Master Service Agreement in place with Idorsia, please note that all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or any other candidate details submitted through our website or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals (including any of its subsidiaries, affiliates or related companies) are considered the property of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals and are not subject to payment of any form of introduction, placement or referral fees.