Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers' preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that 'engage your senses'. The Company achieved sales of CHF 6.2 billion in 2019. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in over 145 locations, the company has almost 14,969 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at www.givaudan.com.
As Food Technologist Protein in the European Regional Innovation team, you will contribute to our business growth by developing meat and cheese alternates demonstrating the benefit of Givaudan technologies to our customers in proactive and reactive Innovation projects. You will report directly to the Technical Category Manager Protein.
We are looking for a permanent knowledgeable technologist to start as early as possible located in Kemptthal, Zürich.
- New product development: you apply flavours for projects according to all relevant requirements (taste profile, legislation, technical suitability, costs) and lead the evaluations of the new technologies needed to maintain data. You develop meat and cheese analogues prototypes and monitor flavour performance and stability.
- Expertise sharing: you serve as technical expert and advisor to marketing, sales, and flavour creation functions, and to customers and organize internal trainings.
- Prioritize safety: you maintain a safe, clean and organized lab environment following Safety policies and hold others accountable for following these guidelines.
- Minimum Master's Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology
- 2 or more years of experience in food applications lab, and/or production (Knowledge of extrusion - dry and wet - process is an advantage)
- Understanding of ingredients functionality in multiple applications and processes
- Project management skills and experienced in leading selected customer projects
- Experienced in instructing and delegating
- Experience with Excel (can perform complex functions)
- Business Fluent in English, German is an asset (any other European language is an advantage)
- Variable pension fund contributions
- Certified equal pay employer
- Sport and leisure club
- Company shop Access to exclusive perfumes and employee shop with discounts
- Staff restaurant
- Public transport support