This role is for those seeking impactful responsibilities in a regulated professional services firm's digital transformation. You'll manage legal aspects of technology onboarding, compliance, and evaluate new solutions. Responsibilities include contributing to policy design, the AI Risk Framework, and firm-wide innovation initiatives.
Start date: As soon as possible
Your contribution to KPMG
- Ensure due diligence in technology onboarding and monitor compliance with relevant legal provisions and applicable laws for internal use and client offerings
- Collaborate with stakeholders to meet KPMG International's requirements in the technology domain
- Provide legal advice on risks, including IP rights and export controls, related to KPMG technology-enabled engagements
- Negotiate contract terms with technology providers
- Support engagement teams in applying regulatory requirements for technology-enabled offerings
- Design and develop technology supplier contracting guidance aligned with regulatory developments and the Firm Technology Strategy
- Contribute to the AI Risk Framework in line with the KPMG Global Trusted AI roadmap
- Work closely with the KPMG Alliance Team to evaluate and negotiate technology-related partnerships
- Collaborate within the KPMG Network to exchange best legal practices
- Perform reviews, registration, and monitoring of contractual and licensing terms for technology solutions throughout their lifecycle
This is what makes you successful
Must or strongly preferred:
- Proactive with enthusiasm for process improvements and optimizing KPMG's technology-enabled offerings
- Flexible, open-minded, and able to think creatively and independently in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills, with an autonomous and objective mindset
- Client-oriented with accurate working methods and the ability to navigate independently
- Fast learner with a critical mindset and high diplomacy
- Higher education degree and additional certification in law or technology law
- Proficiency in English and German languages at least at the C1/C2 level
Nice to have or a plus:
- In-depth knowledge/practice with technology regulations and laws (Intellectual Property, E-Commerce, Export Controls, Digital Services Act, ISO standards)
- Experience in Data Privacy and protection regulations.
- Background in Cybersecurity, IT/Technical, compliance, or risk management
- Interest/experience in the regulatory environment for Machine Learning/LLM/AI solutions
- Vendor/third-party due diligence and risk management experience
KPMG as an employer
Technology Risk Governance, supervised by the Head of Technology Risk and reporting to the National Quality and Risk Management Partner, is a vibrant multidisciplinary team of experts working in close collaboration with many stakeholders. In this role you will deal with the most innovative topics of the Big4 Firm, cutting-edge technology enablement and a variety of projects. We offer the flexible office and the work-life balance as well as continuous development opportunities. You will make an impact on technology ideas and developments and have a high degree of responsibility.
KPMG is known for providing clear and consistent solutions in the areas of auditing and advisory services. The broad palette of services across many subject matters and industries allows the provision of multidisciplinary services from a single source for our clients on the one hand and diverse careers and development options for our employees on the other hand. Our dealings are fair and frank and we strive to always look at the results of our work through the eyes of our clients. At KPMG, we are aware that if we add value for our clients, we also do the same for ourselves.
Do you have any questions?
Experienced Hire Recruiter
+41 58 249 26 30