With a starting date of November 1, 2023, the Swiss Chemical Society (SCS) and its scientific journal CHIMIA require a
- Management of all editorial processes from manuscript submission to the monthly publication of the CHIMIA journal in print and online
- Provide support and help to the guest editors and authors
- Liaise with the Editor-in-Chief and other members of the Editorial Board and the Head Office of the Swiss Chemical Society
- Copy-edit the scientific articles (manuscripts) in Word and on the editorial system of our print partner
- Correct the grammar and suggest changes to authors to improve the readability of the almost exclusively English texts. Check the scientific content of the submitted manuscripts. Check that manuscripts comply with ethical guidelines.
- Minimal requirement of an MSc in Chemistry or the Life Sciences
- Native English speaker or equivalent level
- Fluent spoken and written German
- Already living and working in Switzerland
- Independent, structured and meticulous organisational skills
- Experience in scientific publishing advantageous
We are offering an interesting job with a great deal of independence in a small, dynamic team, whereby most of the time will be spent working from home. The position is permanent and fixed at 60%.
The Swiss Chemical Society (SCS, www.scg.ch) represents chemists and scientists from chemistry-related fields in national and international organizations. The society supports the exchange of scientific and technical know-how and offers corresponding networking possibilities to the academic and industrial communities. It has members in more than 50 countries and represents about 2700 individual and institutional members.
CHIMIA (www.chimia.ch) is an international scientific journal for chemistry and the official membership journal of the SCS.
Please contact us if you require further information and we are looking forward to receiving your full dossier (curriculum vitae, letter of application, diplomas, employment references). Please submit your application no later than June 23, 2023.